Here are a few of his points:
- “Christians love to be discipled, get more and more information so I can know more and more about God without actually having to do anything about it. And when you look at the scriptures, what you find is discipleship is something that was focused on un-believers.”
- Go and make disciples – focused outward. If the disciples looked at it our way, they would have discipled each other, and the movement of Christ would have ended when the eleven died.
- “We end up having a non-Biblical definition for Biblical language.”
- Discipling means going to those who don’t believe, investing in them and doing whatever it takes to lead them into a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- “A part of leading in this new context is recognizing that the real work of discipling the nations is investing in those people without Christ and taking those who are in Christ to serve the world.“
- “It’s not moving people from the world to the church but moving the church to the world.”
- “American Christianity has taught Christians to be consumers rather than investors.”
- “You will be healed in serving others.”
- Mosaic is creating movement-oriented small groups. Believers and seekers working together serving the world.